The National Skills Authority is convening a Capacity building workshop on Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E). The workshop is scheduled to take place on the 3 and 4 August 2017 at Birchwood Hotel.
The objectives of the workshop are to:
- Develop a common understanding of the M&E focus of the NSA;
- Develop a Theory of Change for NSDS III in retrospect and the NSDP that will guide the M&E processes between 2017 and 2020;
- Engage with the design evaluation of NSDSIII and consider its implications for other processes relating to strategy and plans for skills;
- Engage and agree on evaluation questions for the NSDS 2011-2016
- Review the draft baseline evaluation report and consider its implications for the implementation evaluation and
- Consider impact assessment and the location of tracer studies and case studies in the evaluation.
The capacity building workshop will be attended by 150 delegates composed of the NSA board, relevant officials responsible for Research, Monitoring and Evaluation from Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs), Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) branches, all Provincial Skills Development Forums (PSDFs), and other government departments participating in the NSDS evaluation and M&E steering committees.
Dr Thabo Mashongoane
Contact Number: 012 312 5066